Thursday, July 4, 2019



De-Stashing & Making 32 Cards in 45 Minutes

I wanted to make this post to share how I made 32 cards in only 45 minutes.  I have never been able to achieve this in all of my crafting years!  I am one of those crafters who tend to overthink everything.  This time, I decided to just let go and not think too hard.  What made this project so easy was my purpose for making these cards.  I wanted to find a way to use up some of the 12x12 paper pads that I have accumulated over time.  I tend to be somewhat of a crafty hoarder! I also have packs of value cards with envelopes in my stash that I never use.  Since I usually make my own card bases from heavier weight cardstock,  I don't use the pre-scored value card packs.  These pre-scored cards tend to be less thick and sturdy. So, I took out some of these really bright and cheerful colored cards with envelopes and paired them with a 12x12 paper pad that coordinated really well.  I then went into my stash of light weight cardstock, and some bling and took out bags of coordinating colors.  I did very simple rubber stamping on die cut pieces that I had pre-cut.  I kept the card designs pretty clean and simple, which really cut down on time.  I completed a whole pack of 32 cards in a very short amount of time.  It usually takes me the same amount of time to create one or two cards!  I decided to reach out to some organizations and foundations in my area to donate these cards.  I will be sending this box of cards to my local Ronald McDonald House Charity, to hopefully spread some cheer to some of the children and families there.  I think that I will definitely make this a regular project.  This is an awesome way to create and give back.  I will leave a link below to this organization.

https://www.rmhc.org/

1 comment: