Thursday, March 14, 2019

Having Fun With a New Art Medium
 


 I was in Michael's doing my usual browsing and came upon the new Jane Davenport Making Faces Mixed Media art display.  These are pretty new products on the market and I was surprised to see them at 60% off.  I couldn't believe my eyes!  Needless to say, the display and racks were pretty empty! I grabbed one of the two only sets that were left of the Soul Window Colorsticks.  The set comes with 12 colors, all bright and cheery.  There was also a color swatch card included inside the package.  The colors are packaged inside a plastic flip-top case with clasps that lock the lid down.  I have to say that I am really loving this packaging. The Colorsticks resemble lipstick tubes, which was the intent for the design of this line.  Super cute! Per the packaging: Colorsticks are a smooth, easily blendable, water-soluble, non-toxic gel crayon that can be used on multiple surfaces.  I played around with these crayons and have to say, I am in love!  They are super creamy, the colors are very pigmented and vibrant!

 
Creating a Background For Cardmaking
 
I decided I wanted to create a card using some of the items from my Simon Says Stamp March Card Kit.  The kit was colorful with a lucky rainbow theme, and I just new these vibrant Colorsticks would make a great background for the card.  I currently have a few videos over on my YouTube channel featuring the card kit.  For this card idea, I wanted to use as many colors from this set as I could fit on a 4.25" X 5.5" card panel.  I used the Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock for my panel.  I used seven of the 12 colors from the Soul Window set and colored a rainbow of stripes across the panel; until the panel was completely colored.  I then took a baby wipe to blend out the colors.  I used shimmer spray to add some sparkle, stamped a greeting and images from the "Amazing" stamp set that came in the card kit. I then die cut and adhered the panel to a piece of the Simon Says Stamp Green Apple cardstock that also came in the kit.  I added some of the Buttons Galore & More Lucky Charmz jems and ended up with a beautiful card.  You can click the link to see a full video on this card: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQLD0SgFWEg




2 comments: