Sunday, February 10, 2019


Using a die set without the coordinating stamp set??
 


Hello everyone.  I wanted to share how I used this Stampendous Fresh Peony die set without the coordinating stamp set.  So first of all, I found this die set at my local Tuesday Morning store.  This set has 7 pcs and it was only $4.99....that's a plus!  The only downside was there were no more of the coordinating stamp sets.  I decided to buy the die set anyway.  I could not pass up on this deal.  I figured that I could find the matching stamp set somewhere else, maybe online.  I have not had the chance to find and purchase the stamps, but I did get an awesome idea.  What if I could just trace the image of the flower straight from the packaging of the die set???  That is exactly what I did.  I first made a black and white copy of the packaging.  Then I used my portable Luminaire light box to trace the image.  I traced the image using my ebony Recollections fine liner pen.  After the image was traced, I copied it using Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock.  I made several copies so that I would have extras for multiple projects.


 
 
I used my Copic Ciao markers (R32,R35,R37,Y06,Y15,C-3) to color in the image.  I used my Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle brush pen to add some glitter and shine.  I also added some Rock Candy Stickles and Liquid Pearls to embellish the flower even more. I used my Sizzix Bigkick machine and the coordinating die to cut out the image for my project.   I'm so glad I got this idea!  I made a birthday card for this project and it came out really nice.  See the finished project below.
 
 





This is a really awesome way to utilize a die set even if there are no coordinating stamps!  Check out my YouTube channel to see this project video.  I will be posting really soon!

1 comment: